Saturday 19 December 2015

EMBRACING THE HOLIDAYS | 19.12.15

"No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse" 


Christmas growing up was always such an exciting day. I loved all the food and presents. My parents always made sure christmas was one day of the year where the day was literally magic. I always loved seeing my family and we always had a huge lunch and life was great. It was always so hot that the day was spent with wet cloths over us or in the swimming pool. 

This year is going to be a tad different. I did not really consider it before i left. I guess it was such a "long" time away until christmas so it wasn't really a thought when processing the choices of leaving. Now when I say this, now that I'm older christmas isn't as much for me as it use to be. I still love the tree, the lights and the happiness it brings but this year, its not the same. 

I could have all the gifts I want but theres nothing like waking up christmas morning to your family. This year will be different. I won't be in my home. I won't be with my family. I appreciate though, what they do for me all year round. I appreciate the effort and time they put into my happiness. It may be a difficult time of year but I know I can do this. 

I missed out on our family lunch recently. I am missing out on quiet a bit being away but I'm happy. Im overall happy. I can't thank the people I met here more because of that. They are the reason that everyday I can get up and process my thoughts. No one really makes you aware of the true pain that comes along with being so far away but for those who are reading this and may choose to move away or follow a career, relationship or just life choice, know that each day is a blessing. Its okay to be sad or hurting but you will get through it and it will ease. 

Overall just spend time with people who care. Find those in your life that make you feel like you can tackle life front on and you may come up bruised and sore but its okay. 

This year due to plans changing and fate taking a different path, christmas won't be the same. Thats okay. I am not going to say I'm going to be "alone" because there will be people around but i will not be "celebrating" christmas this year. 

Christmas day will be another day for me this year and thats okay. I have been extremely blessed with 20 years of beautiful christmas days. Those are the memories i will keep not this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment