Saturday 24 October 2015

my best-friend always. | 24.10.15

Always & Forever 

I have grown up so blessed with the people that have raised me. I have always been loved, safe and cherished. I do not think i could of had a better mother then mine; everything she did in her life was all about my brother and I. Everything she did was to give us a safe, loving home. I have always known and loved her for that BUT i have not appreciated it more than this moment. It only hit me today, i know 6 weeks in, that i am not with my mum everyday. I am not just around the corner or at the end of the hall. 

We have a bond that is unbreakable; distance or time will never break it. I have always said she is my best friend but it is only now i am realizing how true this is. She is my best best best friend. There is no body who i can trust, rely on or love more than her. 

I guess this is apart of growing up and realizing what you've got. My mum would have to be one of the most selfless, strong, independent, hard working mum's out there. I don't even know where to start when I explain the amazing things she does day in and day out. She has raised so many children in her time; biological, family or strangers. She's taken in strangers children, her family children and my friends in their need. 

Relationships aren't perfect, everyone has issues but i can truly say 95% of our relationship, is amazing. I appreciate my mum more than i could ever express on here. 

I think now being away from her, i have realized, you have ONE mum. Thats it. I made the decision to leave home for awhile, not because i wasn't happy at home or i didn't want to live there anymore, just because it was the journey i needed to take. My mum has supported me 100% the whole way, even if her own feelings were saying she doesn't want me to go. That shows how selfless she truly is.

When i think of the past, lets say 18 months, and how much my life has changed; the one thing that hasn't changed is the love and support from my mum. 

Even when i was making stupid decisions regarding a certain person, she knew that this was mistakes i needed to make but always stood behind me to support me. When i was probably at the hardest time in my life so far; which was when i couldn't get a job. For those who have gone through this and realise how hard it is emotionally and finically; you will understand what i am saying... 

My mum continued to support me finically even after i turned 18. She didn't have too. I have heard of so many parents saying its time to move on; your an adult now.. She was different, she made sure she could support me as much as she could... She was so proud of me the day i finally got a job. I had been looking and applying for 2 years at least with nothing and then i got a phone call and my life literally changed forever. Then i began traveling and studying during this time. I loved spending a week with my mum alone. It was the worst place to be but it didn't matter because i had time with her; just us two. Which if anyone knows us personally, that didn't happen to often because of our hectic lives.. 

She supported me on a dream that i always wanted to do. She knew i could do it and she is there every step of the way. 

All i want is to make her proud. If i do that, i am doing something right. 

I love my mum more than anything in this world and i just want to say thank you to her for always being by my side. You are the reason i am able to be the woman i am today and be able to love and care for people just like you. 

I love you.  


4 comments:

  1. Leanne Smith you better be bawling after reading this! Codie you're beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Codie. Really really enjoying your words. Good Blogging Luv..... I am so Proud and Happy to know You Mum and John.... Proud and Happy to have been included in your life and watch you grow into this Young Woman who is Exploring the World...... YaYyyyyy You......

    ReplyDelete