Tuesday 29 September 2015

THE JOURNEY TO AMERICA - part two

FLYING & BAG LOSS! 

I boarded my flight at approximately 11am, which was delayed. I knew i was flying with somebody but had no idea what she looked like OR who she was so i just sat and waited by myself. 

I knew that this flight was going to be long BUT i had NO IDEA! So, if anyone has flown to America; they know that it is a long flight. 

My flight was approximately 15 hours in total. It was HORRIBLE! 

It wasn't horrible due to the time length.
I DID NOT SLEEP ONE MINUTE! 

That was horrible. It wasn't that i wasn't  trying or wasn't tired. I just couldn't sleep! 

- I watched 8 movies
- 3 TV episodes 
- Listened to music 
- Read 
- Coloured In 
- Ate 

But, i COULDN'T sleep.

It still hadn't really hit me where i was going but i was excited. I was excited to meet new people, a new city and just being there! 

BUT; 
Traveling was NOT over. 

After 15 hours, we landed in LA(Los angeles). The person and I who i finally found, started to FREAK OUT because we knew we had to RUN.

We had 30 minutes to; 
- Go through security 
- Go through customs
 - Get our bags 
- Get to a whole different part of the airport 
- Go through security again! 
- RUN! 

We got to the gate as doors where closing and our names were on FINAL call. I then realized my KINDLE was gone and i was DEVO. I couldn't believe i had left it on the plane. 

We got onto the plane and headed for New York City. It was another LONG 5 1/2 hours. Again, I did not sleep a WINK!

This means i travelled nearly 21 hours, with no sleep and it wasn't over! 

We went to luggage and guess what!

THEY LOST MY BAG!!!!!!

Yep, thats right. LA lost my luggage which meant it was still in LA and didn't make the flight.

So, after 21 hours of traveling, no sleep, no shower and late afternoon. I headed to the training school at Long Island, New York. 

Thats a whole other story! 

P.s My bag arrived. Oh but thanks DELTA! My laptop was smashed, bag was burnt, wheel missing and just DESTROYED.

P.s.s It didn't get any better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment