Tuesday 29 September 2015

THE JOURNEY TO AMERICA - Part One

Saying Goodbye

On September 8 2015 at 7:30 we got into a taxi and headed to SYDNEY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. This wasn't just for a few week holiday or to drop someone off; I was going to AMERICA for 12 months! My emotions were really simple; i wasn't sad, scared or anxious; I had sort of an unknown feeling. 

I put my bag in, got myself checked in and then headed to have something to eat. As i sat down to eat, I was watching the time and thinking OH WOW. For the fact i had been counting down for MONTHS,  I couldn't believe I was staring at a screen that said 2 hours until my flight, I couldn't believe that i was actually there, waiting for this flight! 

At 9am, it was time to say goodbye to my beautiful friends and my mum that came too the airport with me. I said goodbye to those who i love the dearest. But, the moment I hugged my mum; the emotions i had been hiding come out flooding in tears. 

For those who don't know me; I am extremely close to my mum and she is my best-friend. I didn't think it would be as hard as it was to "walk away". I just walked forward and didn't turn around. 

I know that, now, I am strong enough to do this but i was very much doubting myself at the time. 

While I was in security I rang my dad and told him I loved him and let him know the plan. I then went through security and then got myself some magazines, a drink and gum. I then made some more phone calls, headed to my gate and waited..... 

I was heading to the complete UNKOWN and I was completely OK with it. I was ready!







No comments:

Post a Comment