Sunday 16 August 2015

Bittersweet

23 days
 
 
Yes, its still 3 weeks and 2 days. In a sense, I feel like its flown but on the other hand I'm like "really?" "still that many days" but I am happy. Its another 23 days with those I love. Its sort of bittersweet embarking on a new chapter of life like this. I build my knowledge and see the world but I'm leaving my world behind?
To me, its not even just my family. Its my network. I've made some amazing contacts and friendships in the last year. I've built work relationships, that have formed to friendships. I've made friends with people who, a year ago, I probably would never of even spoke to.
 
They say too you "oh a year isn't that long!" Maybe in a life span it isn't, but when you look back on the things you have done in the last year, would you say things don't change? I'll list a few things that I've done/accomplished within the last 12 months or so.
 
1. Started a Law Advocacy diploma / about to graduate that.
2. Built new friendships 
3. Grew a lot of confidence
4. Started my job 
5. Learnt tolerance and appreciation
6. Brought my very own, expensive, car.
7. Got accepted into this Au Pair program
8. Matched with a family within a month!
9. Found a whole new love for myself and strength
10. Let go of ALL negativity in my life.
11. TRAVELLED OVERSEAS!
 
In number 2, I cant even express the words of how appreciative I am of those people who have come into my life in the last 18 months or so and made such a MASSIVE impact. You may not realise it but your the reason I am who I am today and making the decisions I am making. These women have gone out of their way too make sure I have the support I need, without even realising it.
 
I am bittersweet that all these positives are not "leaving" my life but are not going to be my everyday. BUT, in saying that I am so excited for what lies ahead. Who knows? I may come home with 50 new experiences in 18 months...

This is only the beginning,
CODIEx


1 comment:

  1. You have accomplished so much and I am so proud of you. In the little time I have known you, you have grown so much. Keep showing the world how amazing you are, truly inspirational.

    ReplyDelete