Tuesday 28 July 2015

Its because of you.

I don't even know where to start when I ask myself this question. Being grateful, has so many meanings to me. If anything, its WHOM I'm grateful off. I'm the type of person, that you know that "I love you" or you know that I care. I don't tell you every moment or even maybe not enough. But, if only some people realised how grateful I truly am of their on going commitment and trust in my choices. I honestly don't think my best way of saying it would be enough to say, thankyou. These people in my life, have let me be selfish, they have supported me in making positive choices for my near future. They have supported my doubts, my concerns and my excitement. What I love about these people, is even though they may not be ready to say "goodbye" they will. These people, are beautiful, selfless people. Is this one of my biggest concerns of saying goodbye? Hell yes, it sure is. But, what everyone needs to remember, its no where near saying "goodbye". It breaks my heart too think of the beautiful creations i'll be missing out on, the big milestones I have to sit out, the hard times I'm not physically able to support. My trust is in myself and in my heart, for my heart to be big enough and strong enough to grow. Strong enough to support, those I love.

I think this may be the biggest part of an Au Pair's life, a travellers life or even someone moving away for good. Is knowing that in the year away or how ever your gone, your going to miss out on things that you may never get back. I'll never get back, my beautiful friend, giving birth to her first child. Emotions roar when I think of what I'll miss out on, by being on this journey. But, then I think of the things ill be experiencing.

The new people, the new places, the new cultures, the new landmarks. Will that ever replace missing out on those special moments? No way. Though, it is okay. It is okay to be selfish and to be happy in what your doing with yourself.

In the time I've been preparing for my journey, I've had emotions all over the place but with the support I receive, in every part of my life, I know I'm going to be OK!

 I AM GRATEFUL.

I say thank you, to every single person that has supported me from the beginning, who is starting to support me now or who will be apart of my future.

For now,
Codie

4 comments: