Sunday 26 July 2015

Starting with today.


Today was one of those days were you do absolutely nothing but you don't care. I don't have those days very often and I quickly realised why I needed it. Today I laid in bed and reflected on the last few months, remembering the good and the bad. I laid there and quickly amazed myself with positivity and happiness. Before I know it, this journey in my life will be over and I'll soon be travelling on to a new destination. This destination Is one I have been planning on for a long time. This destination is one I have possibly read about everything you could think of. This destination I have dreamt and day dreamed about for a long time. Though today I realised I can never fully prepare myself for the journey ahead. Isn't it crazy as a human your mind can run wild and before you know it, you think its real? and you shake your ahead in disbelief because it could never be possible in your life? Sometimes I feel like that but then I come back to reality and it hits me. It is real. It is not a dream anymore. Its my REALITY.  In a short 43 days, this will be my reality. In 43 days, I will land in my new destination and I'll be starting all over again. Some ask, Codie aren't you scared? Who wouldn't be? I am taking myself from everything I know, my safe place to go to a whole new country. Not only will I be alone, but I will be learning everything from the start. My surroundings, my family, my home and most all of myself. I will be learning things about myself, that I would never have known if I stayed in my safe place. So, yes is the answer to that question. But, most of all I am excited of the unknown. I am anxious, kind of freaking out but most of all grateful. In the next 43 days, I will finish packing up my life, saying goodbye, kissing my family goodbye. It the next 43 days I will learn strength, I will learn to be okay with saying goodbye but most of all I will learn about love that I never knew existed. Love for my family and friends who are learning to let go of me and let me blossom. If its hard for me, I can only imagine the strength my family and friends must have for letting me go.

To the world, I am one person. To one person, I am the world.


A year ago, I dreamt about the unrealistic, today I dream about reality. My journey is only just beginning. To think in a years time, a may look at this and it all failed and I'm back home sitting at the desk where it all began OR I could be making my mark on the world and proving myself to not only me, my family but those who never believed. I believe the second option, is the most realistic. The second option is what I will thrive for each and every day. Believing in myself is the only option to be able face reality on the hard days, positivity will continue my path and make me live with no regret.

Keep Tuned,
This is only the beginning..
For Now,
Codie

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Aim for the stars beautiful :) I can't wait to read more about your journey. The best way to predict the future is to invent it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its going to be the most difficult thing letting you go, considering i only just got you back; but i am so damn proud of you, and proud to call you my best friend.. no matter how far away you are, I'll be here for you to talk to, and definitely waiting for you to arrive home safely.. i love you honey, just remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you baby! & thank you for reading and supporting me no matter what love you always and forever xoxooxoxox

      Delete
  3. You = Amazing :)
    I hope the next 43 days are filled with moments that make you smile and your heart sing, and which sustain you through those moments that you're longing for the familiar. Those tough moments will pass quickly .. please try to remember that. You have an incredible journey coming your way, and a lot to share with those who travel this next part with you .. Enjoy every step :) xxx

    ReplyDelete